FM + SAN.OS 3.1.2a "SNMP: Permission Denied or Feature Disabled"

Unanswered Question
Apr 24th, 2007

We are running VRRP and using In-Band Mgmt over vsan 254 w/ip to manage our SAN Fabric. I login into my Windows Fabric Manager Server then connect to our Seed Switch. I can see and manage our Core 9509's, however we have 9216 Edge Switches which I cannot make any change via Fabric Manager. We get the error listed in the title. I have verified the we have SNMP v3 and the same community string/password for all switches.

Do you have any answers?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
CKLSailing217 Tue, 04/24/2007 - 13:51

After some more looking I found the problem. Using cli "sho snmp" I noticed the "SNMP USERS" user = admin was set with "Groups" priviledge beging "network-operator" when it should have been "network-admin". Once I changed this everything with Fabric Manager worked fine.

stephen2615 Wed, 04/25/2007 - 00:57

I had lots of issues with this. I totally gave up trying to set SNMP privileges with FM and found some way forward with using the CLI to set them. I reckon I spent nearly two days trying to give a non privileged account to the operators and other non admin people.

Just as a matter of interest, how was the admin user set to the network-operator group?

Don't forget to rate your own reply...:)

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Storage Networking