Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1T

Hi.

I can't to use WIC-1T or WIC-2T to MPLS link?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

Yes, as a customer, your CE router doesn't need to support MPLS, an IP Base IOS image can do it for you.

HTH, please rate if it does help

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

WIC-1T contains 1 serial interface, and WIC-2T contains 2 serial interfaces, each serial interface support up to 2M, so the choice will depend upon your bandwidth need.

HTH, please rate if this helps,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi.

And it's just FR or PPP. Or MPLS too?

Hi there,

Actually MPLS runs over any layer 2 service (FR, PPP, Ethernet) it is not a layer 2 service. The serial interface supports mainly HDLC, PPP, X.25 and FR.

MPLS has no configuration on the customer side, the configuration is done only on the provider side, while the customer side for example has an ordinary FR configuration with an IP address assigned to the subinterface peering with the PE router (Provider Edge router).

HTH, please rate if it does,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi

So, the router in customer side don't need MPLS support? Just FR support!

Hi there,

Yes thats true. You should arrange with your provider the FR configuration (or which ever Layer 2 technology, but most commonly it is FR) to get your MPLS service over it, and there is no MPLS configuration required on the CE router (your router - customer side router doesn't have to support MPLS).

HTH, please rate if it does,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

HI

Thanks!

The last question, I think. So to MPLS networki a router 1841 with IP Base support, I don't need to use the IOS IP Services?

Hi there,

Yes, as a customer, your CE router doesn't need to support MPLS, an IP Base IOS image can do it for you.

HTH, please rate if it does help

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi

Are you yourself a service provider?

JD

Hi Jaideep,

Yes, i am working for a service provider.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card