cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stuck on 'Securing Communications Channel' only on vista

drexelpike
Level 1
Level 1

trying to connect to all my clients with a vista laptop running 5.0(0340). Works flawless when i use my XP laptop but this one just hangs on securing communications channel. i tried two vista laptops with the same result.

is this a known issue with a fix that i just can't find? i sure hope so.

thanks in advance everyone!

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Clem

I wonder if it could be that the clients are configured to require the integrated firewall? I have just worked through this at a customer site. XP was working fine but not Vista. Vista does not support the integrated firewall and we had to modify configurations to not require the firewall so that PCs running Vista could establish connections.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks, i'll take a look at the config tomorrow.

i'll post back if that fixes it.

everyone else, if there are known resolutions, keep posting.

thanks!

broberso
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue. Everything with Vista on it with the Cisco VPN client exhibits this issue. Many times it gets stuck on this part and then errors out. I have had good results when I reboot and then immediately connect using the client however this is not a good solution. It does seem that the client has issues with Vista's networking.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: