ISDN Overlap Sending and no called ID display

Answered Question
Apr 25th, 2007
User Badges:

Using OverlapSending option along with H.323 voice gateway to E1 PSTN.

Everything is okay except that the caller does not have the called DN on the 7941 phone display ONCE THE CALL IS ESTABLISHED; called DN is automatically replaced by a '0' (placed call directory shows correct history - redial is possible).

--> It is like the call manager just retain the first digit sent (atfer pre dot removal, i.e. 1st international 0 digit) as called DN information

It's possible to hide the called DN presentation on the caller side (show Private), but I'm rather looking a way to KEEP the called DN presentation after call establishment, like ordinary dial processing.

Any idea?

Correct Answer by mesolak about 10 years 3 months ago

daniel,

yes i meant the dial-peer toward ccm. this dial-peer must match incoming side so please check if you have "incoming called number ." on this.

if you have configured this, so try the command "isdn number called enbloc X" on your isdn interface where X is the maximum number of digits that can be send enblock to the pstn (i.e route-pattern 0. , so X=1).

hth

regards

mehmet

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
mesolak Wed, 04/25/2007 - 06:15
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

hi,

do you have the command "no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update"

on your "voip" dial-peer?

hth

regards

mehmet

Correct Answer
mesolak Wed, 04/25/2007 - 06:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

daniel,

yes i meant the dial-peer toward ccm. this dial-peer must match incoming side so please check if you have "incoming called number ." on this.

if you have configured this, so try the command "isdn number called enbloc X" on your isdn interface where X is the maximum number of digits that can be send enblock to the pstn (i.e route-pattern 0. , so X=1).

hth

regards

mehmet

DANIEL COHEN-LAROQUE Wed, 04/25/2007 - 23:00
User Badges:

Great Mehmet,

was missing the "incoming called number .". Problem is fixed using OverlapSending.

Many thanks

Daniel

----

dial-peer voice 11 voip

corlist incoming CallManager

description EMEA Call Manager - Subscriber #1

preference 2

destination-pattern .T

voice-class codec 10

voice-class h323 10

session target ipv4:10.65.89.2

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

no vad

no supplementary-service h225-notify cid-update

DANIEL COHEN-LAROQUE Thu, 04/26/2007 - 00:09
User Badges:

Mehmet

just one more question: voice gateway shows a "isdn overlap-receiving" option on the Serial interface. Do CCM supports overlap receiving, and what advantage can it bring?

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 04/25/2007 - 06:57
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

May I ask a naive question, what is the reason you want to do Overlap Sending in first place ?

jconi Wed, 04/25/2007 - 07:25
User Badges:

I can also respond to this question.

In some countries, the National DialPlan is opened, so phone numbers can be 4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 digits-long.

So we use overlap sending to avoid the T302 timeout.

cheers

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 04/25/2007 - 08:04
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

I'm very familiar with variable length plan, being my country one that uses that.

However, that doesn't mean you necessarily have to use overlap dialing. Calling enblock is perfectly fine, as the calls is not presented to PSTN until the number is complete.

By the way with CCME this is the only way to work.

True, you have to reduce interdigit timeout to 3 or use terminator if you want your call to complete in a speedy way. But it has not surfaced as a problem in any of the sites I've installed.

jconi Wed, 04/25/2007 - 23:57
User Badges:

You're right.

However, sometimes it's difficult to say to customers that they must dial the numbers they want to call very quickly, or to press the # at the end of the number.

They don't always understand why they have to do additional things with their brand new phones.

They think (and I think too) that this is not so modern, and that's often the beginning of the unlogical problems, which concern the feeling of the users. Now these problems are less present because Cisco added lots of features in the CCM, but if you installed some CCM 3.1 and under, you certainly understand what I mean.

I also configured terminators in some sites, but I was quite umcomfortable when I explained to users to press the # at the end of the number.

Cheers

JP

paolo bevilacqua Thu, 04/26/2007 - 01:51
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Agree with ou especially on the part where we know that users take any difference in new systems as a reason to criticize.

In fact when I began working with CCME, one of my first questions was if it could dial overlap, short answer it can't. But as I said, with 3 secs timeout, nobody has complained so far. Also, all phones have display, so most people compose on-hook and then press the button 'dial'.

It is a good thing that CCM supports overlap dialing.

jconi Fri, 04/27/2007 - 13:15
User Badges:

The complaint that I hear most of the time currently:

Why can't we pickup a call from a BLF key?

Hope this could be done soon, even with personal communicator.

Actions

This Discussion