Question about 7960 config files from TFTP server.

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I have a CP 7960 that I'd like to use with SIP and a 3rd party call manager. When the phone tries to boot it tries to pull files from my TFTP server that do not exist.

Where can I find these files? Can the phone make them and send them to the server under some menu that I am just not seeing?

Thanks for the help!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 04/25/2007 - 04:39
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

you need a CCO account with customer level access to download SIP firmware for the 7960.

This require that you have maintenance contract for the phone (aka smartnet). Search on voip-info.org, there are pointer to resellers that can sell you such maintenance contract.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

donjohnson911 Wed, 04/25/2007 - 04:44
User Badges:

I know the phone already has an installed firmware, these conf files are what I need. I also have the firmware for 8.2 and am currently running 7.2 but can't seem to update it without these files.

Files I'm refering to are ones like:

XMLDefault.cnf.xml

CTLSEP*mac*.tlv

SEP*mac*.tlv

SIPDefault.cnf

MGCDefault.cnf

.. and so on ..

I would need the CCO license just for that? Any chance you could ballpark how much they usually cost?

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 04/25/2007 - 04:51
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Very good, the advice is the same, check on voip-info.org, there are plenty of configuration files examples, FW comparison, all in the perspective of third party SIP server.

Good luck!

Actions

This Discussion