cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about 7960 config files from TFTP server.

donjohnson911
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CP 7960 that I'd like to use with SIP and a 3rd party call manager. When the phone tries to boot it tries to pull files from my TFTP server that do not exist.

Where can I find these files? Can the phone make them and send them to the server under some menu that I am just not seeing?

Thanks for the help!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

you need a CCO account with customer level access to download SIP firmware for the 7960.

This require that you have maintenance contract for the phone (aka smartnet). Search on voip-info.org, there are pointer to resellers that can sell you such maintenance contract.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I know the phone already has an installed firmware, these conf files are what I need. I also have the firmware for 8.2 and am currently running 7.2 but can't seem to update it without these files.

Files I'm refering to are ones like:

XMLDefault.cnf.xml

CTLSEP*mac*.tlv

SEP*mac*.tlv

SIPDefault.cnf

MGCDefault.cnf

.. and so on ..

I would need the CCO license just for that? Any chance you could ballpark how much they usually cost?

Very good, the advice is the same, check on voip-info.org, there are plenty of configuration files examples, FW comparison, all in the perspective of third party SIP server.

Good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: