AXL Serviceability - PerfmonAddCounter ClassCastException

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007

My CCM version is 5.1.1.

Can anyone confirm that PerfmonAddCounter works on CCM 5.1.1?

I've not been able to add any counters successfully.

I've created an application which builds all the soap messages "manually", and also created a java application (using axis) from the wsdl file which comes with the CCM (but always with the same result... the counters won't be added).

First we create a session with PerfmonOpenSession. Then we use the SessionHandle and try to add counters to it.

Here is my manually created SOAP request for Adding two counters...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="" xmlns:soapenc="" xmlns:tns="" xmlns:types="" xmlns:xsi="" xmlns:xsd="">

<soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="">

<q1:PerfmonAddCounter xmlns:q1="">

<SessionHandle xsi:type="ns1:SessionHandleType">

<ArrayOfCounter soapenc:arrayType="q1:CounterType[2]">

<Counter><Name xsi:type="xsd:string">\\Binc-vmcmpub01\Memory\Total KBytes</Name></Counter>

<Counter><Name xsi:type="xsd:string">\\Binc-vmcmpub01\Memory\Used KBytes</Name></Counter>

And I get the following response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="" xmlns:xsd="" xmlns:xsi="">

<faultstring>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [email protected]</faultstring>

<ns1:hostname xmlns:ns1="">Binc-vmcmpub01</ns1:hostname>

When using the java applicaion created with AXIS, we get the following exceptions when calling PerfmonAddCounter: ( See attachement axisfault.txt )

The rest of the PerfmonPort function works fine (like the PerfomListCounters and PerfmonCollectCounterData). But we want to use the session based get of counters, so that we just add the counters we find useful to monitor. And then collect the data using PerfmonCollectSessionData.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion