VPN client cant access remote resources

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007

I have a strange problem with my setup. I installed a 876 router, it works perfectly. Receives a static ip address via pppoe and provides internet access via NAT to the local users. There are 2 servers behind, have port forwarding configured for both, works perfectly.

Using SDM i configured an Easy VPN Server and actually i can connect to the router from a remote location using Cisco VPN client. Now comes the strange thing: the connection is successful, i get an ip address, dns and gateway info, BUT i can not access any hosts from the vpn client. I can't even ping the ip addresses in the same subnet.

Also, the default gateway i receive: it is the ip address of one of the servers (providing the wins and dns) but that is not a gateway server. It should be the router's ip address, but i did not find any option to set it.

Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tgregorics Tue, 05/08/2007 - 06:05

On which interface should I change the mtu/mss? The dialer0 or atm0.1 ? (this is a 876 router with adsl interface)

Also, what do you mean by Network Extension mode? I couldn't find any mention of it.

This Discussion