Views
Helpful
Replies

4510R restart in a loop

omri_noyman
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i've got a 4510R with a sup V, recently he started to restart non stop after entering the modules into an online state.

making the switch boot without startup conf delayed the restart for a while. it seems that entering commands cause the switch to restart, like a buffer overflow.

important to mention is that the status LED on the sup is ORANGE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hello omri

have sent you the output. let me know if you had received it. it has all the required things tht you hvae to do,with some best practices.... hope this helps. if so, let us know..

Raj

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Can you try removing the module you plugged into the chassis and see if the same behavior continues

Narayan

hey,

on this specific chassis i can't remove any module because it is production.

but i am trying these tests on a lab chassis and there is no modules except from the sup V

Hello omri,

if your status LED on the SUP is orange, it can mean that the supervisor either detects a faulty part or a non-working component on the switch chassis... just check if both of your power supplies are working fine, as this can happen with faulty power supplies or cables... give us the show version and show module if possible...

hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

hey raj,

i managed between restarts to save a log.

the messages that appear seems to be very fatal. log attached.

Hello Omri,

If you see the logs, it does show that there is a faulty power supply and power supply fan.. i think this is the main cause for the LED to glow orange..

00:00:15: %C4K_IOSMODPORTMAN-4-POWERSUPPLYBAD: Power supply 1 has failed or been turned off

00:00:15: %C4K_IOSMODPORTMAN-4-POWERSUPPLYFANBAD: Fan of power supply 1 has failed

you can rectify this and the LED status will become green again.. but with respect to the crash of the SUP module, we will need more info.. if you have access to "output interpreter" tool, you can take a show tech of the switch and get some useful info on the crash reason.. try using the command "show platform crashdump" to see why exactly your SUP rebooted.. it can also be due to some software bug or issue...

Hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

the power supply is not the issue, well it is because i didnt plug it in (shortage of electricity outlet)

the messages that worries me is the highlighted ones in red.

at the beginning of the page there is a text from cisco that describes the problem.

hello omri

i had mentioned the power supply issue to answer your first question - of orange LED on the SUP module.. hope thats fine...

with respect to ur reboot, we will need to do more analysis.. if u have access to output interpretor, use it and get some details.. i saw the two notes that u sent, but there are more commands to be seen before we get hold of the root cause.. if the product is under support, i advice u to open a case wiht TAC, who have access to more sophisticated tools, and get the problem rectified soon..

hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

while wr are trying to figure out the problem a case to our seller had been opened - and a new sup is on its way to us.

I find it intrigues to figure out the problem, so if you can guide me thru it will be excellent

hello omri,

can you send me a show tech of your switch ? i can run it on output intepretor and try analysing the issue... just to look if it is a software or the hardware which is causing the issue...

Raj

here is the show tech.

hope it will help

hello omri,

can u please give me ur mail id ? I wil forward you the output interpretor results. It actually gives alarms only on the power supply issue, which i mentioned before. you can have a look at the report anyway..

Raj

mail address: omrinoyman "at" gmail.com

this is the my conclusion as well, but the log from befor pointed at a memory problem (probably)

hello omri

have sent you the output. let me know if you had received it. it has all the required things tht you hvae to do,with some best practices.... hope this helps. if so, let us know..

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco