Need fake extension solution to name a line group

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007
User Badges:

When calling a hunt pilot, an internal caller will see the name of the first member of the line group that the call is currently ringing, even if the line group is set to broadcast ring to all members. Of course, this leads to confusion as the caller thinks the hunt group is forwarded to a single user.

In order to put a name on the group, I have to make a extension (I use * plus the hunt pilot DN) and set the alerting name to "xxxxx group". Unfortunately, this requires a physical key on a phone (CTI rt points, deleted DNs, and unregistered phones won't work, as they don't "ring" and report their alerting DNs back), and this site has about 30 hunt groups, so I'd be looking at a 7960 and 2 7914s.

Does anyone have any ideas on building a fake extension that doesn't use any hardware, but acts like it is ringing (reports back its alerting name when called, etc)?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Wed, 04/25/2007 - 11:39
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

How about using dummy CTI Port?

Chris

thisisshanky Wed, 04/25/2007 - 17:11
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Can you send the call through a translation pattern and set the Connected line presentation to restricted. This may mask the caller where he is connected to totally, but at least a better option.

Actions

This Discussion