WAAS Pass-Through

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007

Can somebody elaborate more on the following: Internal Server Internal Server Internal Server Internal Server Internal Server Internal Server App Dyn Mtch Non-Optimized

What it means by Interal Server and Non-Optimized under the pass-through connections. If this is a problem what would be the direction for a resolution. All I see are ports 139 and 445.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Zach Seils Thu, 04/26/2007 - 10:06

The 'Internal Server' designation means that the connection was initiated from an internal server process within the WAE. An example of this would be the WAFS AO performing CIFS server auto-discovery.

The 'App Dyn Mtch Non-Optimized' designation means that the connection has been forced via an dynamic policy match to be accounted for as non-optimized, even though the connection may be optimized.

Is one of your WAE devices running the WAFS Edge or Core service?

gnguyen89 Thu, 04/26/2007 - 11:39

My question now is how would I optimize those internal connections? The is running both as an Edge and Core.

Zach Seils Thu, 04/26/2007 - 22:25

Does another WAE exist between and the IP addresses listed in the output?

gnguyen89 Mon, 04/30/2007 - 07:02

Yes there is another WAE that exists between the output that I listed.

Zach Seils Wed, 05/02/2007 - 20:53

If is running the WAFS Core service, it could be traffic related to CIFS auto-discovery. Can you provide some additional information about the topology?

This Discussion