cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Caller ID

amadeusri
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to all this and I'm setting up my first voip system. Everything is working but my company wants to show a single phone number from all calls made from our ip phone system. Example; our DIDs are 555-51xx with xx matching the extension number. We want them all to show 520-555-1234. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

option 1: Set the dialplan pattern command to one number say 9728882000 with no wildcards.

option 2: Create a translation rule / translation profile to mask any source number to 9728882000 and apply that to all outbound dial peers.

voice-translation rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /9728282000/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0

translation-profile outgoing 1

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

You have not mentioned if you have CallManager or CallManager Express. Assuming you have CallManager, you can configure the Gateway page on CM with the caller ID you want to send and this would force CM to send the same Caller ID for all Outbound calls

Sorry, I have CME 4.1. I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find anything. But there is always the chance I'm overlooking something. I would really like to get this finished.

option 1: Set the dialplan pattern command to one number say 9728882000 with no wildcards.

option 2: Create a translation rule / translation profile to mask any source number to 9728882000 and apply that to all outbound dial peers.

voice-translation rule 1

rule 1 /.*/ /9728282000/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0

translation-profile outgoing 1

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thank you very much, the dialplan-pattern did not work but the translation rule did. I had tried a couple variants of the translation rule but I could not get it to function correctly. I really appreciate the help.