No paper and pencil during the exam?

Unanswered Question
Apr 25th, 2007

When I took the Intro exam, Pearson VUE gave me an erasable board and a marker; they said that Cisco no longer allows them to give us a piece of paper and pencil. Is that really true? The board and marker are useless.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
srue Wed, 04/25/2007 - 20:00

Ask for more than one board and marker. as well as a kleenex for cleaning it. or use your sleeve.

ciscomoderator. Wed, 05/02/2007 - 12:17

Aneedell7

Yes this is true. I run the testing center in RTP. The only think allowed in the room is the erasable board and dry erase pen. Request as many boards as possible. Its the same as having pencil and paper. except its not a good choice to erase. You will come out the same color as your marker.

Just request 2 or 3 boards if your feel you need them. No way around that.

Mexplosivo Thu, 05/03/2007 - 09:51

The board and marker are crap. I am left handed and having to write on a board like it's a piece of paper makes me erase what I write with my own hand!

Took the CCNA last week and failed it (not saying it was because of board and marker). Taking it again tomorrow.

srue Thu, 05/03/2007 - 12:15

I was asked once recently if I wanted more than one board. Maybe someone should ask both cisco and VUE/Prometric for an official stance. (not me, i'm too lazy).

And for the person who's left handed, you should see if that qualifies as a handicap (or something along those lines, i can see how that would be annoying).

jfinegan00 Tue, 07/31/2007 - 23:49

How big is the dry erase board?

Is it big enough to make a graph for subnets _AND_ have room left for calculations???

Please!

Please!

and thx :)

greekgeek Wed, 08/01/2007 - 04:33

I tested with PearsonVUE yesterday and they gave me two 8.5 by 14 dry erase boards/cards and two crappy felt pens. The pens were impossible to use because you had to write in what would be an equivalent font size of 18 or so in order to read your own writing. It took more than half of one panel just to subnet two problems.

The desk area was too small to manage effectively these cards plus the mouse. It was very cumbersome and cost me a lot of time.

I think this rule is unfair and needs to be addressed. Why can't the test center simply give us paper and pens? If it is a cost issue I find that unacceptable.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion