I have three different Network on Three different Vlans and i want to connect every Workstation who is going to connect with its network get ip from its dhcp pool from switch. what is the configuration please help
Vlan1 ===> 10.10.10.0 /24
Vlan2 ===> 172.16.10.0 /24
vlna3 ====> 192.168.10.0 /24
You can configure the DHCP on 2950 switch but there are some limitations on 2950 being a L2 switch:
1) Multiple DHCP pools can be configured on a 2950 switch
2) A VLAN interface within the same subnet as the DHCP pool must be configured on the switch. Multiple VLAN interfaces (to match multiple DHCP pool ip subnets) can be configured
3) Only one VLAN interface can be active at any one time. The remainder of the VLAN interfaces will be Admin Down (by IOS)
4) Only one of the DHCP pools can be active at any one time. The pool that is active is determined by which VLAN interface is currently active
5) Only ports within the same VLAN as the active VLAN interface will be able to obtain an IP address from the locally configured DHCP pool on the 2950 switch.
In your case, you caonconfigure the pool for all the 3 vlans but only 1 vlan hosts will recieve the DHCP address.
IF you want it to work for all the 3 Vlans, you choose one of the options below:
1.Use windows server as dedicated DHCP server.
2. Configure DHCP on router.
3. Configure DHCP pools only any L3 switch in the network.
HTH,Please rate if it does.