CCM Redundancy with DHCP

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

We have installed 2 CCM's (One Publisher and the other as Subscriber), we want to use the one of the CCM as backup for the other. So we had configured both the TFTP server IP address in the DHCP scope (which is being used by IP Phones).

Now all most all the phone took both the TFTP server address from the DHCP server, however few phones are not taking both the TFTP server address its taking only one TFTP server address and its showing it on "TFTP Server 2" (The "TFTP Server 1" option is blank)....

I had refered the following url and tried all things which were mentioned in it... but..still those few IP phones are taking both the TFTP server ip address from DHCP.....

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K12848122

What could be the problem???... can someone give me some inputs on this....

Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sr2290723 Thu, 04/26/2007 - 03:31
User Badges:

Are you using more than 1 DHCP server ? I think you can statically insert the TFTP 1 address to the phone manually for temporary.

rv_viji Sat, 04/28/2007 - 06:16
User Badges:

Hi,

Im using only 1 DHCP server..... Ya.. I tried assinging statically for one of the IP phone which was having this problem, its working fine....

However the customer is not happy with this workaround... even I would want to know what is going wrong ??

So do let me know your inputs on this...

Regards

Actions

This Discussion