Remedy Oracle Database Integration with IPCC express 4.0.4

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2007

Hi All,

We are using IPCC Express 4.0.4

We have a issue going here.

Let me try N explain.

WE have created database on IPCC express server and Cisco Call Manager and integrated with IPCC using System DSN.

And we added it under database subsystem all works fine, we can able to make queries with the database and scripts are also running fine.

We have created this database for testing purpose, now as we are done with our testing part we want to integrate IPCC with remedy database which is Oracle 9i.

We installed oracle client(Oracle 8i) on our IPCC servers and we created System DSN on the servers and than defining under database subsystem.

Our database system is up and when we go to MY SQL we can able to make sucessfull queries with the server.

However when we use DB node's(DB read and DB get) Under "Data Source Name" drop down we dont see the new database DSN name coming. We have tried refresing the database schema but of no use.

WE just can see the two test databases (SQL) which we added before for testing purposes.

Are we missing something? or is this something known?

Please help!!

Thanks,

Daljeet

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bilalghayad Thu, 04/26/2007 - 06:25

Hi Daljeet;

I understand that there are some data existed on the Oracle and u need to read and write from it. So why you do not use ODBC?

Also, why u go for mysql? Is it linux?

Regards

Bilal

daljeetsingh1_2 Thu, 04/26/2007 - 06:40

Hey Bilal,

We used MYSQL to verify if database is quering us fine or not.

If you read the description, you will find we have created ODBC as well. But the DSN name was not coming in the CRS editor(Script DB nodes)

WE rebooted the server and now we can see the option.

Thanks for looking into it.

Regards,

-Daljeet

Actions

This Discussion