Load IP phones with CCM firmware OFFLINE!!!

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I have to install several hundreds of IP phones that eventuallly will register to a central CCM cluster. Unfortunately, due to limited bandwidth between the branches and the CO I have to skip the online firmware download. So, I have to find a way to make the phones load the correct image while offline. The solution I'm trying to pull off is pretty much the following:

- I see the image used by CCM

- I set up a DHCP/TFTP server on my PC

- I put the image and an appropriate XMLDefault.cnf.xml file on the TFTP's directory

After all that, the phone does load the XMLDefault.cnf.xml and searches for the image specified but...without success! I guess I'm doing smth wrong in declaring the image name; do you have any suggestions? Any other solutions maybe?

And one last question: the 7961 image that is available on cisco.com for CCM 5.0(4) has a different name format (cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-2-1.cop.sgn) than the one declared as a device default on the CCM (SCCP41.8-0-3S). Will it ever work or I'm trying in vain?

Thanks a lot,

Nikos

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jkosciuk Thu, 04/26/2007 - 05:51

if the remote location gateway or router has a decent amount of flash, what you can do is take the firmware for the phones and load it inot flash on the router or gateway. Then in call manager on the device configuration for the 7961 phone you will see field for load server, add the IP addr. for the gateway or router at this location. Now when the phone boots it will look to the local router or gateway for its fimware and not go out across the WAN

Actions

This Discussion