Conferencing with the Video Advantage Camera

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2007
User Badges:

We have started deploying the Cisco Video Advantage Camera?s and have run into very few problems or issues. While testing yesterday I tried to set up a 3-way conference call with 2 other individuals that had cameras as well. The first caller and I had voice and video, I hit the conference key, called the 2nd party and he and I had voice and video as well. As soon as I joined all 3 of us together, the audio conferences but the video does not. What am I missing????

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
carenas123 Wed, 05/02/2007 - 10:55
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

you might be hitting with the bandwidth constraints. change the region wise bandwidth allcoation

jkosciuk Wed, 05/02/2007 - 11:00
User Badges:

I had thougt about that and in our test area I upped the band width available to video (doubled it from 384 to 768) and still had the same results

tboynton Thu, 05/03/2007 - 04:52
User Badges:

I'm pretty sure 3 way video conferences are not supported. We run VT advantage and see the same exact behavior. We done 3-way with MCU's and polycomms acting as the conference bridges.

Chandramohan Na... Wed, 05/16/2007 - 08:44
User Badges:

CallManager does not support video conferencing. Are you using any kind of MCU device?

ykapernekas Sat, 05/26/2007 - 10:40
User Badges:

Unless you have an MCU you can only have a one on one video call through call manager. Once you add a third member the video drops.

So what you experience is the correct behaviour.

Actions

This Discussion