Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

currently i am using tacas, and i want to create a new user account but limited right. example: this user only can use " show Command " in my Cisco switch.

how do i make it ?

your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Jackal

3 Replies 3

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jackal.

For a quick answer, you can check this White Paper out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_white_paper09186a0080088893.shtml

It has some good information about assigning priveledge levels, etc.

If you need a more in-depth answer, you should probably post this over on the Netpro Security section rather than the Wireless section, and those folks could walk you through specific set-ups.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Thanks Joe.

regards,

JAckal

Hi Jackal, if you didn't get a response yet, you need to click the user you created and scroll down to the portion called "TACACS+ Enable Control". Click "Define max Privilege on a per Network device group basis". Choose the "Device group" you want to apply the restrictions to and then level you want to apply. Usually a level 1 will get you the show commands but you'll have to be careful. Setting the level too low may not give them Enable rights.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card