Permissions Wizard 4.0.4 with failover

Answered Question
Apr 26th, 2007

I'm running permissions wizard to add a new message store, (Exchange 2003 SP2), and the permissions wizard said it installed correctly for the secondary server. I have not run it on the primary server yet. I failed over to the secondary server, sent a test message to a test mailbox homed to the newly added message store and the message is not being delivered, (stuck in the mta folder).

My question is: Does permissions wizard need to be run on the primary unity server before the mailstore can receive messages?

Correct Answer by ranpierce about 9 years 10 months ago

PW is supposed to be run on both servers in a failover situation when adding a mailstore.

However, I am not sure it is going to fix your issue, but it is the first thing you need to do in the troubleshooting process.

rlp

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ranpierce Thu, 04/26/2007 - 07:15

PW is supposed to be run on both servers in a failover situation when adding a mailstore.

However, I am not sure it is going to fix your issue, but it is the first thing you need to do in the troubleshooting process.

rlp

askraydotcom Thu, 04/26/2007 - 07:38

Found the problem. An account was not placed in the message store. All set. Thanks...

Actions

This Discussion