cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on Frame Relay link

maryodriscoll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,I have a 512k HUB access-pipe and 6 pvc's configured on this pipe. WFQ is enabled by default on this WAN interface and no other queueing is used. When a packet arrives to be transmitted out to all 6 pvc's, I would expect a certain amount of serialisation/Propogation delay. My question is does the cisco router use the actual access-speed of the main interface ie the CIR/speed of the spoke sites are not involved.

Mary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jwdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

By default, believe the hub site will transmit as quickly as possible.

Highly recommend defining each PVC as its own subinterface with traffic shaping that conforms to the far side's bandwidth.

BTW: at least in North America, the CIR usually isn't the limiting factor, the actually port speed is. Of course, when you exceed CIR the vendor could drop all traffic that's above it. If you define shaping, you could shape to CIR, port speed, or anything in between.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jwdoherty
Level 1
Level 1

By default, believe the hub site will transmit as quickly as possible.

Highly recommend defining each PVC as its own subinterface with traffic shaping that conforms to the far side's bandwidth.

BTW: at least in North America, the CIR usually isn't the limiting factor, the actually port speed is. Of course, when you exceed CIR the vendor could drop all traffic that's above it. If you define shaping, you could shape to CIR, port speed, or anything in between.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card