Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Routing Issue

lou_young
Level 1
Level 1

Background:

I have two ASA5520's in two locations in my network for Remote Access IPSEC VPN. These locations are connected to our enterprise frame-relay network and each location also has an internet connection.

I have also set up a point-to-point IPSEC tunnel between the two ASA5520's running over the internet. This tunnel is used to replication data between two specific subnets at each location.

Everything is working fine except that when my remote access users log in and then try to access the replication subnet at the other location, the ASA will try to route the packets out through the internet.

I have a 0.0.0.0 Tunnel route pointing inside the network, which I thought would route all traffic from a remote access user to inside the network, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there a way fix this routing error?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

This problem may occur if IP classless is not enabled in any of your devices. Check if "no ip classless" is configured in your routers. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/1rfipadr.htm#wp1018033

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: