Views
Helpful
Replies

Conifguring CME using QCT

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my IP-PBX for the first time. So i'm using QCT to configure the router; I'm trying to detect automatically the switch that is connected to the router, but it's not working. Both components are connected and i'm able to configure the IP-PBX from the switch.

Could you please help me with?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I never used QCT but can tell you probably will take much less time and trouble to configure the router manually. After that you can use the GUI for some basic administration but again, there are many many things the GUS doesn't do, or do poorly.

So pls let us know what are you trying to do, what are you connecting to, and we can probably help better.

Well, i have a network connecting 5 stations. I'm using 7940 and 7902 phones, ATA 186, and VG224 for analog phones. The total devices are less than 48.

I never configured a CME before, i know cisco configuration though. I'm trying to configure the IP-PBX i have in the Central control room.

If you recommend manually configuration, it's fine with me but i'm facing some problems with uploading the firmware and the other files.

Yes, there can be problems to do upgrades etc, it just takes a little of patience, actually everything as a solution.

For firmware trouble, do "term mon" and "debug tftp events". You will see what files the phones are requesting and check that you have configured the file correctly.

Please make further questions to "IP Telephony" forum, this is for Applications, whatever that means.

ttrentler
Level 4
Level 4

I've Used QCT a bunch of times and I think it has finally evolved into a great timesaving tool. Don't worry about the autodetection of hardware. Manually select what you have, build your config and when you are done instead of pushing the config to the router, have it build a text file. The just telnet into the router and cut and paste it in.