cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uninstall of vpn client installed with MSI

barry_gamblin
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to install version 4.8.01.0300 with the MSI installer on Windows XP laptop. It got to a point where it was installing the deterministic network enhancer which failed with a message that the computer had to be restarted before the install. So I clicked ok, the install cancelled itself and then I restarted the machine. I get this same message now every time I try to install. I have tried to procedure in document 18840 to manually uninstall the vpn client, but it does not help. Most of the files and registry keys it says to delete are not there. How do I go about totally eradicating the vpn client to see if that is the problem? Has anyone seen this behavior before? It is a new one to me.

1 Reply 1

mwalkup123
Level 1
Level 1

Had similar problem with 5.0.00.0340. Received error 1722 during installation. Analyzed the msi package and removed all files/registry entries that the package created. Still same error. The only thing that I could get to fix it was a system restore a day prior to ANY msi client packages being installed on it...