Can I avoid extending AD schema with Exchange voice mail repository ?

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2007

Hello, I have a customer with the following environment : 1 Unity voice mail and Exchange 2003 data store to be integrated to the corporate Active Directory. As the customer will represent a small office in the whole company, extending the Active Directory schema for AD integration it's not possible in a short time. He need to implement this project very urgent and I want to know, what happened if I not extend the schema, will it work ?, or what happened if I not integrate Unity with ADirectory ? will Exchange data store work ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards. Anacelia

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
l.mourits Thu, 04/26/2007 - 12:44

I think you won?t be able to install Unity, as it checks if the AD schema was updated.

mchandak Fri, 04/27/2007 - 16:37

there is no way to escape this step. AD Schema extension is a mandate. There is a lot of information stored here by Unity. If you dont want to extend AD, you have 2 options,

1. Install Unity in a standalone domain and configure it as VoiceMail only. You will need 2 servers as installing Exchange 2003 on the same server as Unity is not supported.

2. Get Unity Connection as it does not use domains. It works in a Workgroup mode also

asarlo Fri, 04/27/2007 - 17:37

Thanks to answer me. I'll do the first option and also integrate Active Directory through CCM 5.0, just to read only user information (no schema extension needed), and then I'll import this users in Unity.

Regards, Anacelia

This Discussion