cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC CAS/CAM 4.1 install issue

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Im VERY MUCH a rookie when it comes to these devices, but Im trying! :)

I had a pair of 4.0.5 CAM's running in HA (non production lab) but was having issues with failover. I decided to download the 4.1 CD ISO and burn a CD to try and upgrade the OS. That all went well but when I boot from that cd, it comes up with the install screen and I cant do anything!

If Im on console (keyboard, mouse, monitor) I hit return at boot: and it goes through the load, until I get to the colorful screen where I enter what I want to do. However at that point I have no keyboard or mouse control.

If I type serial in that space and hyperterm in, pretty much the same thing.

I have tried USB keyboard/mouse and PS2 keyboard mouse with the same results.

Any tips appreciated!

Bob

18 Replies 18

oabduo983
Level 1
Level 1

Ok Cool... I have done the upgrade before...

What you need to do is to load the upgrade ISO image containing both CAM and CAS called cca-4.1_0-K9.iso). On the CAM, go to Administration > CCA manager > System Upgrade and load your ISO file there, apply it and reboot... it will take the image to the HD... after rebooting, go to your CLI interface and go to your

[root@PCAM ~]# cd ..

[root@PCAM /]# cd store

[root@PCAM store]# ls

cam_upgrade-4.1.0.1 cca_upgrade-4.1.0

At this point you need to get under the folder which you have loaded

[root@PCAM store]# ls

cam_upgrade-4.1.0.1 cca_upgrade-4.1.0

[root@PCAM store]# cd cca_upgrade-4.1.0

[root@PCAM cca_upgrade-4.1.0]# ls

cam-4.1.x-upgrade.sh cas-pre-upgrade.conf perfigo-securesmart-server-4.1-0.i386.rpm showstate.sh version.sh

cam-pre-upgrade.conf fostate.sh perfigo-smartmanager-server-4.1-0.i386.rpm upgrade-rpms-4.1.0-k9.tar.gz

cas-4.1.x-upgrade.sh notes.html RPMS UPGRADE.sh

and apply the upgrade:

[root@PCAM cca_upgrade-4.1.0]# sh UPGRADE.sh

and reload...

This should take care of the upgrade, you will do the similar procedure for the CAS...

Please rate this post if it is useful...

Hi there thank you for this information I appreciate it.

I did as you say above, however when I go to /store, there is nothing there.

In fact when I do a find for *.iso I find two others but not the one I just uploaded.

Any ideas?

thanks!

bob

When you uploaded the file, did you apply it to the system (the red button)?

It should be there if you did so... Don't forget to reboot the system afterwards,

Regards,

After I upload it, there is no button. It just brings me back to that screen again as if I were to upload another one.

Is it on that page?

Heres the interesting thing. When I upload it again, another iso file appears in that directory mentioned above. it increments the name too. Its not the same name that i uploaded, for some reason it changes it. Make sense?

It should look like the attached one

In CCA you face a lot of funny issues... it is not a very robust and easy to configure device... you do face a lot of issues and things which work today and don't on the next day for some reason or another like timing, DNS, incompatibility between different versions ...etc. But as long as you can finish your task, then this is good!

Best wishes

Holy moly! mine looks nothing like that! (see attached)

Yes, this is ok, browse, UPLOAD, and RELOAD, and you should have a similar screen to the one I sent!

Thanks

that *IS* the screen I get after I upload it and hit reload. :( The image I uploaded never shows up. I will try a reboot of the machine to see if that will make it show up.

Bob,

I'm sorry about this, the image which you had to load in order to proceed with the upgrade is should have the extension .tar.gz not .iso, for example cca_upgrade-4.1.0.tar.gz... the rest of the steps are like I described before...

Regards,

Thank you guys, I appreciate this. The tar.gz file did work. One thing I also found out, that if you do it from console, and you boot with the new OS CD in the drive, you get the upgrade menu that way. However when it got to that point I had no mouse/keyboard control, this is a known bug in this. The way to resolve that from being on console is when you get to the Boot: prompt, instead of hitting return, type in DL140 (case sensitive), then it boots with a linux kernel that supports keyboard and mouse. What a pooch screw ;-) but it works well now and the issues are resolved.

Thanks again

Bob

It should look like the attached one

In CCA you face a lot of funny issues... it is not a very robust and easy to configure device... you do face a lot of issues and things which work today and don't on the next day for some reason or another like timing, DNS, incompatibility between different versions ...etc. But as long as you can finish your task, then this is good!

Best wishes

I'm running into the same problem as what was in the original post.

I'm trying to install (not upgrade) 4.1-1 from the iso on a fresh box. I get to the point in the install that it asks whether I'm installing CAS or CAM, and the keyboard doesn't work. I have tried both ps2 and usb keyboards, and no luck.

Did you find an answer for the original problem, or just used the workaround presented?

Press the space bar twice to go from one option to the other. press tab to reach the OK option and press enter after this!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: