cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750

legassembly
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please confirm what would happen if someone accidentally plugged a cable modem into a 3750 on my network?

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello,

nothing will happen.. it is just a single port of the modem connecting to one of the access ports.. so there will not be any impact... are u facing any problem doing this ? if so, pls let us know the issue..

hope this helps.. all the best

Raj

I am not having any issues. I just wanted to know what would happen. A couple of my users have put cable modems in their offices and I wondered what would happen if they accidentally plugged into my network.

cool. i dont see any issue here.

please let us know if you need any more asssistance on this post. If not pls mark the post as solved, whicn can help others when searching

thanks

Raj

bblack
Level 1
Level 1

I work for an automotive group with 9 car dealerships. Salesmen and vendors are notorious for trying to bring in personal laptops and connect on the network. I have 3750's stacked in all dealerships, with a multi-vlan environment. Obviously, if they do connect a cable to a jack in the wall, chances are it is not cross-connected. But to be sure, I shut down all unused ports on the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: