Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable SNMP traps for a module in 6500 switch

Hi

Is it possible to configure a 6500 switch to not send traps for events pertaining to an IDSM module while all other SNMP traps should be sent out as usual.

TIA

Sundar

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Specifically what traps would you not like sent out from the switch?

I would say all events pertaining to the IDSM. But, if that's not possible then we don't want the switch to send out link status traps for the IDSM internal(backplane) interface(s).

What operating system is the switch running?

IOS version 122-18.SXD5

In this case, what you can disable specific to the IDSM will be very limited. If there is an interface for the IDSM that shows up in the switch config, you can add:

no snmp trap link-status

Under that interface. Any other traps (e.g. module up/down traps) can be disabled, but you will then lose them for all modules.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to get a second opinion to confirm my conclusion.

The internal interfaces do not show up in the switch config to disable snmp trap link status. Moreover, we won't be able to disable module up/down traps for the other cards in the switch.

Thanks,

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: