Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the "Calling Party Modification" option in CER

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

CER 1.3(2), CCM 4.1(3)sr4b, 7941 phone.

I'm configuring the route patterns for CER, and found the "Calling Party Modification" option which supposedly lets you use a generic route pattern rather than having to have a separate route pattern for each ELIN. This would be of great benefit to us, as we have approximately 36 ELINS and may be adding more.

However, when I enable this option and also check "Enable Calling Party Number Modification" for the CER user, I get fast busy and the call never makes it out. Alerts from CER still work though.

I can't find any further documentation as to if/how the route patterns and CTI route points need to be modified for this to work. Has anyone out there done it?

4 Replies 4

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Got this working, just needed to restart CER.

My route pattern is ***XXXX.911 and in CER all ERLs in CER use ***1000.911 as their route pattern.

More detailed doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008023659c.html#wp1093007

I am using ER 2.0 with CUCM 6.0. I can't seem to find the Calling Party Number Modification option in 2.0. Does anyone know if this option is still available.

I have the same question.. did you ever resolve this?

Unfortunately this feature is not available in CER 2.0 (not sure why), you need to configure it the old way with a Route Pattern for each ERL :-( Perhaps this will come back in future releases of CER.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: