cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recording Phone Calls

amadeusri
Level 1
Level 1

The company I work for wants to be able to record all phone calls to a select few ip phones (7961, 7971, and a 7985). We're running Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and I'm just trying to find out how many ways there are of doing this. The phones are on a completely separate physical network from our computers and I found Cisco Desktop Administrator and from what I'm understanding the computers need to run on the same network. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The way I got this work with CME 4.1 was to conference the call with the ext of the person recording the call VM.

For example, incoming call to ext 4305, user at 4503 press more softkey, then conf, gets dial tone and dials his own extension 4305, dials "#" to bypass the greeting then Conf again at this point the call is recorded and at the end it will be email to the IMAP outlook client for preservation as .wav file.

Hth

Armando

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

With CME we have been using a 3rd party product called CallRex for basic call recording. www.intelrex.com

bob.bartlett
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection supports that feature also

How do you get that to work?

I tried to use Unity Connection for call recording but the silence timeout value made it so that I couldn't.

ozgurguler
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Witness voice record software for this.

amadeusri
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.

Few vendors:

Witness

NICE

eTalk

Telrex

Verint

Also, CM 6.0 introduces built in call recording and monitoring feature.

HTH,

Chris

probert100
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Here is another nice solution "Confiance Recorder": http://www.confianceinc.com/index.jsp?id=irecorder

This is a client centric approach, this software does not require a server.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

The way I got this work with CME 4.1 was to conference the call with the ext of the person recording the call VM.

For example, incoming call to ext 4305, user at 4503 press more softkey, then conf, gets dial tone and dials his own extension 4305, dials "#" to bypass the greeting then Conf again at this point the call is recorded and at the end it will be email to the IMAP outlook client for preservation as .wav file.

Hth

Armando

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: