Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4ESW

deepakbihari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can we use HWIC-4ESW in place of HWIC-1FE for cisco 1841 router.

Rgds

DB

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Deepak,

The 1841 does support the HWIC-4ESW module and hence can be used.

Refer to the 1800 data sheet for reference

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps5853/c1650/cdccont_0900aecd8016a59b.pdf

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks...

Also will it aslo support secondary IP on the sigle VLAN interface.

Idea is to have multiple subnets on the Lan side behind the HWIC-4ESW module.

Regards

DB

DB

I believe that it would support secondary IP addresses on the VLAN interface. But I wonder if that is the best solution. You say that you want multiple subnets on the LAN side. It would be possible with the HWIC-4ESW to configure multiple VLANs and put individual subnets on individual VLANs. Perhaps if you could clarify what you need to accomplish we could help you find the best answer of how to do it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

We want to assign all the 4 ports to default Vlan and define IP interface to the VLAN.

Enable ip nat inside on the Vlan interface.

Is it feasible.

Regards

DB

DB

It should not be a problem to put all 4 ports into the default VLAN and assign an IP address to the VLAN. And I would think it not a problem to configure nat inside on the VLAN interface. How does that relate to having multiple subnets on the VLAN? Bear in mind that if you put all ports in the same VLAN that all ports are in the same broadcast domain and there is not the separation of traffic that we usually associate with subnets.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

Configuring multiple subnets on different vlan requirement has changed.

Now the requirement was to club all the ports in deafult vlan, define IP interface and enable inside NAT on the VLAN interface.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards

DB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco