cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pvdm contain 2 DSP

jemekeren
Level 1
Level 1

hello...anyone would explain how many telephone call supported when pvdm a has 2 DSP? what relation call with channnel? because i saw router has one pvdm but only say it support 32 channel. does it mean 32 call concurrent?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You has asked this question already, and correctly mchandak had replied:

The difference is how many DSPs each PVDM would have. Which PVDM to buy would depend on what exactly you wish to use. Check DSP Calculator to know what you should use.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/dsp-calc.pl

Please use it, it will answer all your questions and more.

yes right i asked it more than once because i dont have cco login. would you let me know how to create cco account? tx.

Hi,

You need to buy a service contract (aka smartnet) to access CCO at customer level. Please contact your Cisco reseller for more information.

In the meanwhile, tell us very exactly what do you want to do and we will try to help you.

Hope this helps, please rememeber to rate all useful posts!

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

As already stated you need to use the DSP calculator to see what you can use, for example, an E1 requires 30 channels, a conference session requires a complete DSP, etc. It all depends of what you want to use/add to your router.

HTH

//Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: