Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 IOS recovery

wim_depauw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with a 3750 switch in a stack . The IOS is corrupted an I rebooted the switch => he comes to the boot prompt .

I'm trying to copy the file via tftp in rommon mode but he doesn't seem to know the command tftpdnld.

Does anybody have an alternative ? Otherwise it will take ages via xmodem....

8 Replies 8

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

If you have another 3750, it would be easier to copy the IOS on a flash card using it, and then try to boot your failed switch with this flash card using the boot image.

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

3750 don't have any Flash cards ...

gr

wim

Hi there,

Sorry about that i got confused, the problem is that most probably your 3750 supports only Xmodem for recovery in situations like this, a typical Xmodem file transfer can take up to 2 hours, which depends on the image size.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

ANANT SHAH
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to load an IOS via Xmodem. (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5532/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008077304a.html).

I would load the smallest image available to reduce the xmodem upload time and once the switch is up upgrade to a desired IOS.

lgwaffiniti
Level 1
Level 1

Before using tftpdnld, did you set the variables first and remember they are case sensitive?

What 3750 are you using / how old?

Hi All,

thx for the reply , I resolved by downloading using Xmodem . It is a little bit stupid that you can't use tftpdnld anymore while it is supported in older switches :-(

thx for all the help

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TFTPDNLD is not supported on 3750's. You have to use Xmodem on for recovering the 3750.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080476281.html#wp1099467

-amit singh

What about on the 3560? Is TFTPDNLD not supported either??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: