Views
Helpful
Replies

ONE WAY TELNET

fahimkm81
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have a 3660 with NM4T (V.35) at one end and 7206 with PA-MC-8TE1+(G.703) at another end. It is connected through 2MB Lease line with /30 Ip. Interface and line protocol is up on both the side.From 3660 we are able to telnet 7200 router, but from 7200 we are not able to telnet 3600. the moment we telnet 3660 from 7200, line protocol goes down and come up and we loose connectivity i.e the screen hangs. We enabled ospf. The adjacency is formed, still one way telnet is not happening. No access-list is configured. After replacing 1841 router with WIC1T(V.35) card on both side, we were able to telnet from both direction. So we cannot say there is problem with the link. has anyone faced similar problem. If yes, please let me know what is the solution.

Regards

Fahim

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

what is the IOS version running on the 3600

Narayan

Do you find continuous Rx & Tx traffic on 2Mbps interface?

Is there passive interface command configured for this interface, if yes then You can once reset the passive interface command & have a look.

Thanks & Regards:

Ajeet Singh

Hi,

Yes i do have Rx and Rx traffic.Ospf adjacency is formed. But no telnet form 7200 to 3600 is happening.

no passive interface configured.

hi,

12.2(34)is running on 3660.

Regards,

Fahim

Hi Fahim,

Once you can configure with passive interface and again remove it. Find the logs for this moment.

Ajeet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: