cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

digits stripping

kartiknarayanan
Level 1
Level 1

we have a isdn DID number from 3598300 to 3598399 and ccme, the incoming number 3598300 should be striped in gateway and only 300 should be matched and reach the phone with DN 300. can any one help in configuration.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

is this cme or CM ?

Use dialplan pattern to achieve this in CME.

Or use num-exp to expand 3589300 to 300 and then in your dial-peers that send the call to callmanager, match 3.. as the destination-pattern.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Shanky, how do you use dialplan pattern in CME ? I tried that and did not change the number at all. I always use a translation rule to strip the non-did part:

voice-port x/y/x:15

translate incoming makedid

voice transalation-profile makedid

translate called 200

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^3589/ //

Paolo,

dialplan-pattern 1 35893.. extension-length 3

when a call comes in, and if the ephone-dn's are configured with 3 digit extensions, CME will automatically strip 3589 and ring the phone with extension 3XX automatically. Conversely, if an extension with 3XX calls to an outside destination, 3589 is automatically prepended in caller id.

Dialplan pattern is not always safe to use, unless you take special care with using it. Say your voicemail pilot was 310 and overlaps with your internal extensions. This can cause the voicemail pilot when dialed (310) to be expanded to 3589310. This may cause calls to CUE (say) fail, because your dial-peer (SIP) to CUE may be configured as "destination-pattern 310". You will need to create special translation rules and profiles, applied on the dial-peer to CUE so that 3589310 is translated back to 310. The same problem may happen when call is forwarded from an ephone-dn to voicemail.

HTH

Sankar

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Just tried the dialplan-pattern, it works as advertised. But here in the land of variable-length numbering, people likes to have the main number made shorter.

So I will stick with the translation-profile for now.

Thanks!

Paolo,

I agree tp's are a lot more safe and flexible. In case you have variable length dialplan, you may use multiple dialplan patterns. You can enter up to 5 dialplan patterns.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW