PLAR configuration

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi

We have a cisco 3660 router with T1 controller and it supports the voice.

I ve configured it to use for PLAR mode it is working fine the users call my T1 number and after this they press 9 after it press the phone number of another line which they want to have their free tone on it ,now i want they skip these two steps first call 9 and after it phone number i mean they here the free tone after they immediately pick up the handset,here is the sample configuration.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 0014085274000

session target ipv4:172.16.1.123

voice port 1/0/0

connection plar 14085274000

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
paolo bevilacqua Sat, 04/28/2007 - 01:44
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Sorry, your question cannot be understood.

The T1, is connected to what ?

Can you post the configuration under controller T1 ?

the other router, is connected to what ?

The user that picks up and hear dialtone (free tone in your parlance), were is, which kind of phone he has ?

I think you have to add "direct-inward-dial" to some dial-peer pots, but without knowing your topology, is hard to tell where.

mrmozaffari Sat, 04/28/2007 - 01:56
User Badges:

Hi

The T1 connected to pstn and it has a phone number which users call that.

other router is also connected to pstn ,here we want to have dialtone of the USA and the users have digital normal phones.

i want when the users call my router they have USA (other router pstn dialtone) dialtone without calling any number.

Thanks.

paolo bevilacqua Sat, 04/28/2007 - 02:26
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

first of all, if you want to do toll bypass, connection plar is not the right way to do that.

On the router in the other country, set a dial-peer voip with

destination-pattern 1[2-9][0-8].[2-9]......

On the router in the use, use the same destination pattern under the pots dial-peer.

Depending on the area where the US router is located, you may need a translation-rule to strip area code for local numbers.

I know the destination pattern may sound complicated but the purpose is to allow only valid north american number, prefix by 1.

You will also need to configure dtmf-relay else you won't be able to pass tones.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

mrmozaffari Sat, 04/28/2007 - 02:50
User Badges:

Hi again

Do you mean i need both "DID" & dtmf-relay ?

can you refer me to a sample configuration please ?

Thanks.

paolo bevilacqua Sat, 04/28/2007 - 03:04
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi,

DID is something else and has nothing to do with your case, "dtmf-relay rtp-nte" is a command that goes under dial-peer.

The configuration that you have is good to start already, just remove "connection plar" and set the destination-pattern as I've indicated.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, plase rate posts using the scrollbox below!

mrmozaffari Sat, 04/28/2007 - 03:46
User Badges:

Hi again

Thanks for your help.

from "DID" i mean "direct-inward-dial".

and if i define destination pattern my users after connecting to my router need to call another phone number ,is that right ?

so i just need when clients connects to my router from pstn have USA dialtone without dialing anymore digits ,is it possible ?

take a look at this :

001A(Usa)---pstn-router----ip network ---router(9717000)--pstn---users(Germany)

so first thing is my client call my router T1 number and then without anything or anymore digits they have Usa dialtone,is it possible ?

Thanks.

paolo bevilacqua Sat, 04/28/2007 - 03:55
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Hi and thank you for the nice rating,

yes DID is direct inward dial - you don't need that.

Now, the normal way to work is:

1st - users are authenticated before calling international. This is normally done with TCL IVR scripts, and a radius server. But if you don't want this, OK.

2nd - dialtone is given from the local(germany) router, not the remote.

Why is this, suppose that for a "test", user calls 911 - I can tell you the person that has the router in the US will be in trouble.

With the configuration I gave you, user in germany calls your router. They will hear dialtone, you can make this dialtone identical to the US one if you want. Then they dial 1+10 digits to reach any number in the US. If you want to allow to call other numbers, international, etc, you add more dial-peer with different destination-pattern. For complete information, I think the destination-pattern that I gave you before, also allows to call Canada and Carribean Islands, but that is easy to limit.

As I said before, connection plar is not necessary neither recommended for this type of application.

Actions

This Discussion