Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

best FEC option for connecting two servers

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2007
User Badges:

I have a setup that consists of two Windows servers. One is a database server the other is a terminal server with over 80 users running client software against the database server. In this scenario I want to maximize thruput between these two servers. When I am configuring the NIC teaming options on these servers I have two options. The first is the team type which I have selected Switch-assisted with fault tolerance (SLB). The second is called transmit options and here I am confused. I have options such as TCP Connection, destination MAC and destination IP. In my case the destination MAC and IP will always be the same, that is,the other server. I am guessing TCP connection is my best bet but is it? Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Diego

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 05/03/2007 - 11:55
User Badges:

Just Try it might it will solve your problem. Team both physical adapters to one logical. Share this logical adapter with host OS and guest os. Probably, this result in some glitches and other strange things, so final reliability will be _lower_ then useing network cards separately, due to software trobles. However, part of them can be fixed . Add two server NICs to server. Team 2 integrated NICs into one team for host OS, team two new NICs to another team for guest OS. You need server NICs (3Com, Intel, etc), as only their drivers support teaming. However, some vendors team drivers allow teaming with 3-rd party NICs, as long, as one of the cards in the team is from this vendor.

Actions

This Discussion