Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Link

iqbalkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have some branches and HO.Branch and Ho running EIGRP.

Br: 192.168.10.0(ISP A) Ho: 172.16.20.0

Now my next step every branch have dual link with HO.Another ISP connect the branch.

BR: 192.168.10.0(ISP A) Ho:172.16.20.0

: 192.168.20.0 (ISP B) Ho:172.16.10.0

Now I want to do job:

1. Always data flow ISP A If ISP fail then data data pass through Redundant linkISP B

alternet way:

2. Always data pass through two link if one link fail then all data pass through another link.

I need help from expert that as my network run on EIGRP so what I do for that.

(My another network I have done it redundant path with default route)

Thanks

Biplob

6 Replies 6

gtambour
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is not enough information to determine your physical/logical design.

Generally speaking, you can use the "bandwidth xxxxx" and/or "delay xxxxx" statements under the interfaces that connect to the ISPs to select the preferred path. The larger the bandwidth, the more prefered the path is; the larger the delay, the less prefered the path is.

Hope this helps.

Hi

My quary is simple. pls understand me.

I want just redundant link when one link is down or ping out then other link is alive.

[ In default route what we do

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.1

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.20.1 2 ]

But as my network running on Eigrp, so in this case how I configure redundant path ???.

Thanks

Biplob

Hi there,

For you to do so (primary and backup EIGRP routes), you'll need the preferred route to have a lower metric than the backup route, accordingly in the case of EIGRP, you can use offset-list to increase the metric of the sent or received routes, in order to make sure that it will be backup for the preferred route.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c2d96.shtml#modifycompositemetric

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Thanks, I study it may be seems helpful.

The AD is looked at before the metric.

joshua.walton
Level 1
Level 1

in your second eigrp process, add:

distance eigrp 100 180

defaults are:

internal - 90

external - 170

If the interface being advertised on the primary eigrp process were to fail, then the secondary eigrp process would take affect.

Of course, you would advertise the secondary process within another connection, such as a GRE tunnel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card