Views
Helpful
Replies

redundant OSPF issue

ahmedssk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a two leased lines to a remote location one is 64 kbps and the other is 128 kbps I run ospf with a single area between my HQ router (IBM) and two 1841 in this location, the problem is when I lose the 128 kbps line, the traffic goes to other Line, but when the 128 kbps comes up,the traffic never goes back to it. What could be the problem? and how can I used OSPF to load balance if there is a chance? Can I run HSRP with ospf and how? I've put my config and daigram

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

I see an addtional network statement on the SE2 router. which network is that?

can you post the following outputs for all the 3 routers

sh ip route, sh ip ospf database

Also how does the 3750 forward the packets? IS it also running OSPF?

I could not understand the need of a hub in ur topology when you could have connected the routers directly to the 2950 switch

Narayan

Hi Narayan

this acutally a secondary ip address on this interface I have not included it yet, but i will do, I posted ip route an ospf database. 3750 forwards 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 packet to 10.2.0.32 staticaly, and it has to vlans vlan 2 10.2.0.0 and vlan 3 10.2.1.0

Regards

aeljabari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As i see from the configurations, you need to use the Bandwidth command under the serial interface for both router, clockrate is not related to this issue.

second thing, under the ospf proccess in SE2 router,there is no need to command network:

network 1.100.182.0 0.0.0.255 area 0.0.0.0

since no such interface with this IP.

For load balancing,OSPF just do equal load balancing, but you can do it through using same bandwidth parameters, as you have now actually, because the default bandwitdth if not mentioned is T1, 1.542.

Regards,

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

add bandwidth command to your serial interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco