cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

historical route path reporintg - frame pvc vs mpls mesh

kst.amand
Level 1
Level 1

We are migrating from a Frame PVC based WAN to a fully meshed MPLS WAN.

In the Frame PVC world, if there were 2 paths from a location\router to another location\router via different PVC, we were able to pull MIB information from the subinterfaces on the source router which would allowed us to determine which path traffic was taking to the other location. This information is useful for spotting routing or circuit issues.

As we build our MPLS WAN, using GETVPN, there will be 2 possible routers in different locations that remote sites could pass through to get to central application resources - without subinterfaces which we could associate traffic flows.

In this MPLS mesh environment, without these subinterfaces which associated 1 location to another on a router,

1) what is available to obtain similar traffic flow information?

2) is there a an IP SLA configuration that might generate MIB statistics that would give us similar route path \ traffic flow information?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Integration of MPLS application components, including Layer 3 VPNs, Layer 2 VPNs, Traffic Engineering and IPV6 enable the development of highly efficient, scalable, and secure networks that guarantee Service Level Agreements.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps6609/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd803128b0.pdf

I read through the link, but I'm not seeing how this will help us.

I'm afraid I may not have been clear in my original post, but we are are receiving our circuits from a carrier. So we do not have visibility on the engineering side of things of the circuits.

What we are trying to find are SNMP readable stats that will help us determine the utilization of one path over another in an MPLS / GETVPN configuration.

Thank you for your response, if the answer is in there and I missed it - forgive me.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: