cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unaddressed or Abandoned Subscriber Messages

s.casper_2
Level 1
Level 1

I keep ending up with what I think are unaddressed or disconnected subscriber composed messages in my Example Admin mailbox. These seem to be messages that are started by a subscriber and abandoned or disconnected. They contain only the subscribers name or extension and then 5 minutes of silence which is the max message length that I have defined. It seems like subscribers hang up but Unity does not disconnect.

Any ideas on how to stop these from being deposited in the Example Admin mailbox?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's a couple possibilities that come to mind here.

First, the after hours path by default is to go to the Example Interview Handler which takes messages that are left for the Example Administrator account. You can either change this path or change the recipient.

Second, the unaddressed messages distribution list is, by default, populated only by the Example Administrator account (you should have "live" admin types in here) - Any message that is left by an outside caller to a mailbox that's full or any message that cannot be delivered due to network problems or issues with the Exchange mailstore etc... get redirected here.

If I had to put money on it, I'm guessing the messages are coming via the example interview handler.

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

Check the EAdmin account ,is it a member of Domain Users/UnAddressedmessageGroup/Systemeventmessagegroup.

Remove the user from the last two groups and also remove all the unwanted

messages from the EAdmin mailbox.

Also check TACCC case given below

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K88214202

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: