Exams and Vendor Status

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2007

Hey all,

I have a heavy Cisco background, and work with routers and switches all day long, but I keep failing the 640-821 by only a few points. I made a 817 last weekend, and this weekend I made a 800 on it..which just isn't quite cutting the mustard.

I have a really strong grasp on concepts and terminology. I have both the Oldem books, Sybex book, and a Boson practice exam.

Between my Cisco Press and Boson practice exams, I am averaging upper 80% regularly...but I am evidently missing something.

Anyone else have to take their exams a couple times before they got it down?

Oh also, from a vendor status for a reseller, do they care weather you are a CCNA, or have juust your -821 or -811?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Danilo Dy Tue, 05/01/2007 - 07:01

I use the following study process.

1. Use the popular book among readers and passers.

2. Use only one book if I can help it.

- This way, I will not be too confuse during the exam if I use too many books especially if the authors have different explanation of the same subject.

3. Try finishing one chapter at night, then answer the questions at the end of each chapter in the morning.

- This will makes you practice to remember what you have studied the night before.

4. Know the exam subject and your weakness.

- Study more on exam subjects that you are weak

5. If you fail the first try

- Take a break, don't rush and attempt it again.

- You will see from your score card which exam part you did worse. Study more on those exam subject.

johnd2310 Tue, 05/01/2007 - 14:32

I think 640-821 is not an easy exam. I would recommend you go through Routing tcp/ip volume one (2nd edition) and Routing tcp/ip volume two by Jeff Doyle. The pretty much cover the exam.

This Discussion