cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Public IP Routing

johnrages
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install 4 cameras with static ip and routing to a single STATIC PUBLIC IP.

Need an advise which router model should I consider to do the task.

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can use Cisco 800 series routers, according to your WAN technology required.

The Cisco 800 Series broadband access routers come standard with 4-port 10/100 Mbps managed switch:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_models_comparison.html

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

I am not really sure if the idea I have in mind is the same as the specification and information provided by cisco 851 router. Need your further advise. The setup should be:

1 WAN IP routing to 4 static private IP.

Hi,

Any router from the 800 series shall do the job for you, but you'll need to get back to your provider to know the WAN Interface that he supports, plus you have to consider do you want the 802.11b/g wireless (available only for 851, 857, 871, 876 and 878) or not (805, 828, 831, 836 and 837).

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Basically what are the basic and standard WAN interface is using by providers? As of the moment wireless connection is not yet in the plan.

Also, I will ask my providers what WAN interface that they support.

Hi,

The most common WAN technologies are ADSL and G.SHDSL.

Contact your provider, and good luck.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card