Views
Helpful
Replies

lost 6509 ios

osamaokok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had deleted the ios from my 6509 switch is there any way to recover it back.

Attached rommon file

10 Replies 10

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks mahmood for your reply, i follow the document for boot sequence but i still can't access to disk0: from the rommon> where i had save a copy from the ios.

rommon 1 > dir disk0:

device does not contain a valid magic number

dir: cannot open device "disk0:"

regards

Hi,

Try "dir slot0:".

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

I had tried dir slot0: but no luck.

rommon 15 > dir slot0:

bad device name (device not supported)

usage: dir

rommon 16 >

regards

Hi Friend,

Its a formattinng issue so if possible format this flash card and recopy this image inot the flash card and then try manual boot from this flash card.

Do you have any other cat6500 in working condition?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi,

The problem is not formatting issue because i can see the ios file when it is placed on the other sup72 module.

I don't had any other 6500 switches but the one i got is working with the other sup72, the problem is with the reduandant module.

Regards

Hi,,

I had formatted the flash disk and i copied the IOS from my old sup720 into the flash disk and i isseued the following command:

boot disk1:s72033-PS-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin

the sup72 boots with some problem as attached in the file.

regards

Hi,

Can you attach the crashinfo file: bootflash:crashinfo_20070502-112746

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

How to copy the crashinfo file from rommon> console, there is no copy command.

Regards

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

For Class A and B Flash file systems, when you delete a file, the Cisco IOS software simply marks the file as deleted, but it does not erase the file. This command allows you to recover a "deleted" file on a specified Flash memory device. You must undelete a file by its index because you could have multiple deleted files with the same name. For example, the "deleted" list could contain multiple configuration files with the name router-config. You undelete by index to indicate which of the many router-config files from the list to undelete. Use the dir command to learn the index number of the file you want to undelete.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801026f5.html#wp1048325

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: