cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebVPN Client by FQDN doesnt work

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

I am setting up an ASA 5510 to test out WebVPN. We are interested in using the web access and the webVPN client(svc). I can access both the web access and the web client(svc) by opening a browser and using the IP address of the ASA and I can access the web access thru a browser using the FQDN of the ASA but when I try to access the web client(svc) using the FQDN I get the following error: The SSL VPN connection to the remote peer was disrupted and could not be automatically re-established. A new connection requires re-authentication and must be started manually.

Any help would be appreicated.

4 Replies 4

h.parsons
Level 3
Level 3

I have some more information, after looking at a packet trace of what was going on I found out that because I was using a non-standard port for the SSL VPN access (4443) that when I went to my VPN site (MyVPN.org:4443) I would get the home page to log in. Once I entered my username and password for some reason my PC would send another DNS query for "MyVPN.org:4443" including the port number which the DNS server would reject.

I have the exact same problem. Im setting my my 871 router with SSLVPN SVC (main use for me). I was going crazy trying to figure out why if I used FQDN it would fail, if I did IP address , it worked fine.

I also am using a non standard port (4433). It seems that the SVC software is kinda junky. I dont like the million times it asks to accept a non certified cert. I even started building out a valid SSL Cert so I dont get the annoying popups (2 to get the login page, up to 4 popups once the SVC app starts) regardless of what certs I import.

Im curious to learn if there is a way around the FQDN/nonstandard SSL port issue.

Anyone?

Jeff

The only way I found was to go back to the standard 443.

Ill poke around and see if I can find someone who can help. I have a Tac case open and will come back and post any updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: