I have a unity box that has got some interesting problems. It was a recovery from an old unity box that drowned in the hurricane katrina mess.
Now, the rebuilt box (not sure who did the restore, so I don't have history on it) has some strange characteristics:
- in sa, search for users will not find all users that exist. some users can only be found if you check "search all cisco unity server", even though there is only one server.
- in global subscriber manager, the tree shows Global -> unity -> unity -> default(primary)
- most users show up under unity (the second one), but a set of users show up under default(primary) and these users are the ones that you can't find under normal searches
- any user that is listed under this default(primary) can be found with the all unity box search, but when you click the link in sa to edit, all links in the left frame are greyed out and the page shows "The page cannot be displayed" and nothing else.
- any user accounts that have the same extension as the "ghost" users located in default(primary) cannot be dialed from within unity.
- the users in default(primary) cannot be deleted in global subscriber manager (which would obviously be the best way to deal with this)
- there are users in both locations that have duplicate extension numbers
Does anyone know what could be happening here? The only issues I see in the event logs are that the unity server cannot contact the licensing service. Nothing that shows a directory problem or database problem on the Unity box...
Anyone with any ideas?