cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors on Serial interface

jwinston27
Level 1
Level 1

First let me start by saying I'm in no way an expert in this field. We have a 7206 router that continues to increment input errors, crc errors, line errors, etc. We have worked with our DS3 provider and they can't see any errors. They have monitored and done intrusive testing (hard loop). They do however say they can see errors coming from our end. The only place we are seeing any errors is on the serial interface. To add it happens sporadically. To my knowledge if they are input errors, aren?t those caused by what coming into the router? Making this the ISP's problem to fix. Or is this a configuration problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attached is what we saw this weekend.

Thanks

Joe

5 Replies 5

aerogroup
Level 1
Level 1

What else is in the loop path? Do you have an OC3 between the local LEC and yourself and this DS3 is a member of that link?

I think it comes in as an oc3 and is split into 4 DS3 connections. Then we are going directly from the back of the Fujitsu card to our router.

kirkalthoff
Level 1
Level 1

We were experiencing the same issues as you describe with our DS3 provider - ATT. We are using a 6500 with flexwan/ds3. We went through exactly as you described for about 6 months, but also had our SP replace their hardware too - unfortunately to no avail. The technicaian who was doing the intrusive testing suggested replacing the DS-3 cable with longer cable. We are using 25', and had been for many years. The tech stated their equipment was running a bit 'hot' for the length of cable.

Long story short, we upgraded the IOS on our equipment to the newest ver and all has been error free for 3 months...

Thanks...We will try both the longer cable and an IOS update.

bath
Level 1
Level 1

can you try the command "invert txclock" to the serial interface

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco