cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Over ride distributed default gateway

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a router that is configured for OSPF and is getting it's default-gateway distributed from a neighbor router (default-information originate).

I need to allow all other routes but point this particular router to a different gateway.

I have a static route:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 1.1.8.2

, but the distributed route is the one in the route table:

O*E2 0.0.0.0/0 [110/1] via 10.250.70.2, 00:48:45, GigabitEthernet0/0

How do I over-ride the distributed route?

Does it have to be an access-list?

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can generally filter the undesired route(s), either via a route-map in the redistribute command, or via distribute-list, but i think that your static route should have done the job (as it has a lower AD than the redistributed route), are you sure that "1.1.8.2" is reachable, and please clear the routing table "clear ip route *".

HTH, please rate if it does help,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Wilson

I believe that Mohammed is on the right track. The locally configured static route should have administrative distance of 1 and the OSPF route clearly has administrative distance of 110 (O*E2 0.0.0.0/0 [110/1]). So there must be some issue with the locally configured static route. And reachability of the next hop address is probably the most common problem. So lets investigate the locally configured static route and see why it is not being used.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The serial interface is up and IP address is applied.

The remote side address I can ping, but the serial interface network on my end is not showing up int the route table as "Directly connected"

This is a voice circuit and frame relay

Wilson

If the serial interface network is not showing up as connected then that helps explain why the static route is not working. I am puzzled why the serial interface network would not show up in the routing table as connected. Perhaps you can post the relevant parts of the config and of show ip route.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply Rick,

I was on the phone with the Verizon Engineer.

I could hear him furiously clicking away on his keyboard as we spoke.

He reset his end several times and it came up.

thanks for the help

Wilson

It was a strange issue. Thanks for updating us and indicating the solution.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: