cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to get SN off equipment i cant get to.

Patrickboyerwkh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

First time on netpro. Looks great. I have vg248, 7845 MCS, ipvc3540 to identify which serial #'s are where? I dont have pyshcal access to the equipment. is there a way to get the serial number on the above mentioned devices.

much appreciation. I am going to try and answer as much as i can to help out also.

thanks,

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

For VG248

Telnet into it:

Main Menu| Display | System status

For MCS7845...

"Cisco MCS images except for the Unity image in the HP diagnostics and configuration record utilities should be preinstalled. On reasonably recent versions, they're accessible right from the Start menu. Go to the Start menu, to HP Information Center, then to Diagnostics for Windows to start the diagnostics utility. In the utility, go to the Categories menu, to Asset Control, and at the bottom of the screen select the 'More' option. This will show the system serial number."

This was from an old jason post

Not sure for the IPVC

If this is CM 5.x running on a MCS server, you can get the serial no. through Cisco Platform administration menu.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

What about IBM MCS7815 towers running 4.x?

We actually found the sn in the VG248. however it doesnt match the sticker on the chassis.

the hp information center craps out on all my servers "the page cannot be displayed."

I am having grunts at the remote sights collect this inforamtion for me. Thanks guys.

There is a service on the HP servers called "HP System Management Homepage". You need to start this and the browser mgmt interface will become available.

Look under the System Config -> System Board link and you will see the server's serial number.

I must have a different verizon of the insight manager because my sn is displayed on the top webpage.

Thanks jphillips.

THIS WILL CAUSE RESOURCE ISSUES. do during non business hours trust me on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: