cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to switch between Standard Greeting and Alternate Greeting via phone

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I?m running Unity 4.2(1) with an exchange back end.

On one unity account I am unable to switch it to the alternate greeting. When I press 2 to change it, it says the current greeting is the standard greeting. I am able to manually change this on the server, but from the phone, I am unable to change it back to the standard greeting. In the application log in Event Viewer I get the following:

An unexpected error has occured while a subscriber is on the phone with Unity. This can potentially result in the subscriber hearing the failsafe conversation. Technical details are - IAvDohMailbox::UpdateAlternateGreetingRule returned [0x80004005] on line 3429 of file E:\Views\CU4.2.0.110\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\SubGreetings.cpp.

FYI, the E: is the CD drive.

I had this problem once before, but I deleted the unity account and created a new one, re-recorded all the greetings, and setup all the call handlers, and it did not return?..until now. This time I would rather fix the problem then to work around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

More than likely you are running in to the following defect:

Subscriber not able to toggle between Standard and Alternate greeting

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsg52066&Submit=Search

This has been addressed in 4.2(1)ES79

Thanks for that link. I opened a TAC case to have my logs reviews and yes, I was told it was that same bug. I have not resolved my issue yet since I have yet to install ES79, but thank you for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: